Los profesores Ulises Jáuregui y Kenia Melchor, participantes del Congreso de la Academia de Ciencias del Caribe, rindieron un merecido tributo a nuestro eterno Comandante en Jefe #FidelCastro.
Los presentes en el evento se unieron al homenaje con un aplauso cerrado y un mensaje de #HastaSiempreFidel.
With the propose of recognition and diffusion of the critical thought about the most urgent problems and challenges of the contemporary world, since the anticolonial and anti-imperialists points of view that help to articulate a liberating politic, economic and legal theory engaged with the most important environmental issues and against the devastating effects of the capitalist system in the spiritual and material life, the Cuban Ministry of Culture, the Cuban Institute of Books and the publishing house Nuevo Milenio announce the XIII contest of the Prize Pensar a Contracorriente.
In the big circuits of hegemonic reproduction and social and intellectual domination, the emancipating thought is silenced and marginalized; like an alternative to that, and en response to the enormous challenges that the destruction of the environment impose to the human race, the contest Pensar a Contracorriente and the special contest Una especie en Peligro aspire to contribute to the development of ideas, analysis and active propositions in the Social Sciences, the Culture and the Exact Sciences. The contests pretend to arouse a diversity of points of view and approaches, and also a confrontation with the hegemonics systems of thought in the new international politics.
1. Citizens of any country can participate in these contests with an essay written in Spanish, Portuguese, English, French (o translated to one of these languages), not compromised with another publishing house and not prized in another contests.
2. The length of the essay has to be between 20 and 40 pages of 1 800 characters (30 lines of 60 characters), with a totality between 36 000 and 72 000 characters.
3. The bibliography and the footnotes have to provide all the elements correctly ordered.
4. The contests do not accept more than one essay of each author.
6. A prestigious international jury will evaluate the essays without knowing the names, surnames and the citizenship of its authors.
7. The prize will consist of a diploma and 1 000.00 Euros (for the Cuban participants, this quantity will be converted in CUC).
8. The Jury will concede identical diploma and prize to an essay of the contest Una especie en peligro, in its 4th edition, the best in approach the dangers and consequences of the ecological crisis generated by the capitalist way of production and in formulate and analyze concrete propositions of anti-capitalists alternatives of development in harmony with the Nature.
9. The Jury can concede up to 10 mentions in the two contests without monetary retribution.
10. The publishing house Nuevo Milenio, in its seal Ciencias Sociales, will publish a book with the prized and distinguished essays. The Cuban Institute of Books reserves the rights of their first edition during a year since the closing of the announcement, without any retribution of Author Rights.
11. The Jury´s decision, unappealable, will be announced in February of 2016, in a Special Ceremony during the International Fair of Books of Cuba.
12. The participation in the contests implies the acceptations of these conditions.
Office Prize Pensar a Contracorriente, publishing house Nuevo Milenio, Cuba.